Sunday, March 29, 2015

Winding Stair Gap, NC - Nobo 109

This post is from March 14, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/723351455


Hi all - the reason the two updates are coming so close together is that there has been no cell phone coverage for two days. When I reached my destination for tonight - Winding Stair Gap, it was the first time I really got  coverage. I got a late start today because it was raining so hard I did not want to take down the tent in the rain. As it was, the rain really never stopped and I put away the tent and everything else in the rain so everything is very wet. I actually started hiking at 10 minutes before 10 - unbelievably late! Thankfully I made it to Winding Stair Gap and was able to get a ride into Franklin, North Carolina where I am now in a nice warm hotel room. Today's mileage was 22.5 miles. I was hiking right up until nightfall another 15 minutes and I would have needed a headlamp.From what they say today was the  and final day of rain and drizzle and tomorrow will finally be the beginning of the warm sunny stretch.

I believe I am now on schedule for being able to return to main on the evening of the March 18 as I originally planned

No comments:

Post a Comment