Saturday, May 16, 2015

Jennings Creek - Nobo 752

This post is from Friday May 15, 2015.   The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785120242

Strode 27 miles today after saying goodbye to Helen when she dropped me off at the trailhead at 7:40am. Today at about mile 11 the AT begins a 100 +- section of weaving around and over the Blue Ridge Parkway. I can remember driving that route in 1994 on a family trip and seeing signs for the AT and being drawn to it even then.




The terrain was mixed today between overly steep short climbs and descents and relatively easy walking. My feet are sore all the time now but once they get loosened up it is not bad.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can sign me up for the lowest point of the hike. More my cup of tea. Stay strong and healthy.

    ReplyDelete