Thursday, September 24, 2015

Stealth tent at logging road - Nobo 2131

This post is from September 22, 2015. The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/911898268

Made 25 miles today!! I can now see the light at the end of the 100 mile tunnel - about 39 easier miles to do in 2 days - piece of cake!

The terrain got easier after crossing over White Cap mountain around 11 this morning. I got up at 5:30 and was hiking by 7. This view of Mt. Katahdin - was afforded by descending from Whitecap:



In order to get the 25 miles today I basically hiked until almost dark and then looked for a place that would accommodate my tent. I was getting a bit desperate when I crossed a logging road and decided to set my tent up here and eat supper by headlamp on the bridge below:



No comments:

Post a Comment