Tuesday, July 7, 2015

New Jersey!! - Nobo 1294


This post is from July 7, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/827713769



NJ finally! Woo hoo! The skies opened up as I crossed the Delaware River around 5 this afternoon. It was almost impossible to get my IPhone to take a picture with all the water.  But, at least I have the blurry picture above to memorialize the event. Amazingly, at the beginning of the long bridge it was dry enough to take this picture:



PA did not want to let me go. The 20 miles I made today were tough in PA. Many miles of this:



This is the first view I had of the Delaware River before descending on the PA side. Other side is NJ:



When I finally reached the Delawsre Water Gap I did reward myself, though:


I am camped tonight in the Worthington State Forest about 5 miles into NJ.

2 comments:

  1. Your photo of the trail looked like pretty harrowing hiking. Glad you make it OK. You are entitled to a dish of Ice cream It sure looks good. Safe hiking tomorrow.
    Love, M.

    ReplyDelete