Monday, July 6, 2015

Unnamed tent site - Nobo 1247

This post is from July 5, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/827713728 

Hiked 28 miles today through varied terrain that included some of the longest stretches of boulder/hopping I have seen on the trail. There were miles that looked like this:


So I am indeed very satisfied that my biggest mileage day on this thru hike to date (28 miles) was over a lot of that.

Another interesting occurrence today was when I heard a loud crack about 30 feet behind me and then watched this tree fall on the trail where I just walked:


My cellulitis infection seems to be healing nicely. Each day the red color returns s bit more to normal and I feel fine.

I am now about 43 (hard) trail miles from the New Jersey border. 


No comments:

Post a Comment