Monday, July 6, 2015

Windsor Forge Shelter, PA - Northbound 1219

This post is from July 4, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/827713715

My darling, sweet and beautiful granddaughter Ella Sewell was born Wednesday, July 1, 2015.  I left the trail after my night in the ER on June 30.  The timing was all perfect as we had planned on leaving the trail at the first signs of my daughter Jenny's labor and that was really Tuesday morning.  I would not have hiked anyways for 2-3 days because of the seriousness of the cellulitis. We were there all day long at the hospital on Wednesday through a very trying birth, but everything turned out successful for mother and baby and both are doing well.  So, now Morfar TARman returns to the trail.   (Morfar is Swedish for 'mother's father').

Today Helen dropped me off where we left off last Monday night and I hiked 21 miles to camp near this shelter.  Fue to the drive from DC to the trailhead I did not start hiking until 12 noon and then I hiked without break until 8:30 to make the 21.


The terrain seems to be shifting from the straight and flat ridge lines to up and done rolling hill- ridges. Maybe this is the transition to the Poconos I am not certain.

I crossed the Schuykill River at Port Clinton around 5 pm:


And now I am lying here in my tarp tent listening to the 4th  of July fireworks going off in distant towns. Happy birthday America and welcome home Eleanor.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Morfar, I think you are doing quite well each day. Keep up the good hiking. Looking forward to your return home.
    Sending love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete