Sunday, March 29, 2015

Neel Gap, GA - Nobo 31

This post is from March 10, 2015.   The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/723351351


Made it to my goal for the day today: Neel's gap. This is the first asphalt road crossing on the AT. Today was drizzly and muddy all day which made it a long 20 miles today. I had hoped to get in a private rental cabin here but by 6:20 when I got here they were sold out and there was only one bunk left in the bunk room so I took that. I am also doing a laundry as the wet and the mud and camping last night messed up several items of clothing. Tomorrow I hope to reach a real town Hiawassee GA and get into a real hotel. Body is holding up well so far.

This is the hostel at Neels Gap.  The breezeway in the photo is actually THE AT.  It is the only place on the AT where the trail actually passes THROUGH a building!

No comments:

Post a Comment