Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fontana Dam, NC - Nobo 164

This post is actually from March 17, 2015:  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/723351522


Hi everybody, I got off the trail yesterday afternoon at about 4 o'clock. I have attached some photos of my first views of Fontana dam which is where I ended yesterday and will resume on April 2. There is also a sign showing that the boundary and entrance point to the great Smoky Mountain National Park lies just ahead that will be my next major obstacle when I resume in a couple of weeks. The other photos are of the exact spot where I stopped yesterday showing the final blaze of my first part of the hike and also the little house where I was able to make a call to get the shuttle. There is no cell phone service at Fontana dam. I feel good and have a good night sleep in a nice hotel in Asheville North Carolina and I am flying back to Boston in a few hours. 



The following photo is the first billboard I saw when I entered the Asheville, NC airport.  Kismet?




1 comment: