Monday, April 6, 2015

Beautiful Easter spent at 6000' - mile 230 northbound

This post is from April 5, 2015.     The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/742277755

Today was spent moving quickly along a ridge line at about 6000'. Us and downs were not major so I made about 24 miles today. Cosby knob shelter campground was full so I had to pitch my tent on a slope and I am rolling into the side of the tent. Not comfortable! 

Some photos from today:

Me on Charlie's bunion:
One pole in Tennessee the other in North Carolina:
View descending out of the smokies:
Elevation profile from today:

4 comments:

  1. The scenery is magnificent. You look great, although I think the hiking is rather difficult. Hope you can sleep in the tilted tent. I'm very happy you are making such excellent progress. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent comment tonight, but some how it didn't go thru. Hope you are sleeping well.
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Similarly, I hung out with Helen's Bunions on Easter Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be fair, Charlie's were bigger

    ReplyDelete