Friday, April 17, 2015

Middle of nowhere, TN - northbound mile 451

This post is from April 17, 2015.   The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/753336983

After a hard first few hours of climbing I felt quite strong the rest of the day so I made a full 26 miles by 7pm with a 7:20am start. I am only about 16 miles from Damascus, VA and I am very excited about reaching this major AT milestone tomorrow afternoon.

Here is a shot of my campsite tonight:


And here is my dinner table:


And here is the sunset:



3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, The campsite looks a little lonely, but then when I saw the photo of the beautiful sunset that changed my feelings about the campsite. The photo of the sunset was truly magnificent. I can't believe how you can take such gorgeous photos. Thank heavens you are having some good weather. I bet it makes all the difference in the world. Sleep well, and have a good day tomorrow. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you will be back in a hotel on Monday night because severe thunderstorms are predicted for then. Otherwise, your weather coming up is manageable - some rain but not always. Enjoy the great outdoors. Sleep well in the woods.

    ReplyDelete