Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Walnut Mtn Rd, TN- Northbound mile 402


This post is from April 15, 2015.    The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

 https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/753336936

In order to give myself some rest today and because of the heavy rain forecast for today I decided to do a short day only a little over 10 miles of slack packing. This was a good move as my feet are not feeling too badly tonight and they were very sore last night.I am back in the town of Roan Mountain comfortably ensconced in a bed and breakfast and resting well. One disadvantage of hiking in the rain was the extremely slippery trail conditions the mud made it very difficult to not fall down. One benefit of these conditions is that the waterfalls were particularly spectacular today:



Here is a shot of how I looked when my shuttle picked me up at the end of the day's hike to bring me back to town:

My boots are wet all the time these days.  Even dry socks get wet right away from the soaked boots that don't dry overnight.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision to not do too much today. Looking good. Hoping you have dryer times tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although you look rain-soaked, you do look like a happy hiker. I'm sorry there is so much rain these past few days. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo at the top is really beautifully. It would make a lovely framed photo.
    I'm so glad that you are off the trail tonight. It has been a bit of bad luck with so much rain. Hoping for some, "good old sunshine". Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete