Thursday, April 9, 2015

Log cabin road - northbound mile 290

This post is from April 9, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:


Easy 16 mile day of slack packing today.
Met again a young lady I first met on day 2 out of Springer. Her trail name is LUNA and her real name is Heather and she is from Portland, ME. I have met a disproportionately high number of Maine thru-hikers

Some shots hiking north out of Hot Springs  today:

I passed one guy today who said did you see the black bear around the last corner? Sadly, I did not. Not a single bear sighting for me since starting...

3 comments:

  1. Great photos - Imagine, meeting so many other hikers from Maine. It must come from the cold winters and the good drinking water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were there actual hot springs? Did you partake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were absolutely real hot springs. When the European settlers first arrived they found the Cherokee already using the springs. After mama and I did that hike together we try to get a hot tub at the spa but they were all booked until midnight. Too bad

    ReplyDelete