Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Town of Roan Mtn, TN - northbound mile 391

This post is from April 14, 2015.     The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/753336914

Although today was only 23 miles because of the heavy rains and the big ascents and descents it's felt considerably harder than yesterday. When the rain did clear I had some nice views from the top of a big bald area that I passed through:



I also believe that I may have left North Carolina for good on the Appalachian Trail. This means that all my remaining miles before Virginia are exclusively in Tennessee. This belief is supported by the following photo:

This is the elevation profile for today's 23 soggy miles (walking on the trail at many times was walking in a running stream):




5 comments:

  1. 23 miles! doing great! sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I'm having a problem with my cell phone, so I can't read your phone msg. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 23 miles in the soggy rain. Bad luck about the rain. I can't believe the varying elevations. That is some rough hiking. I hope tomorrow will be better weather and easier hiking. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you met my other hikers lately. Love, M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I meet other hikers every day there are not as many as there were at the beginning but I still see quite a few people. One difference is that the hikers I am meeting now are all moving quite quickly as I am and are much better hikers then the average people

    ReplyDelete