Friday, June 5, 2015

Campsite near comms tower - Nobo 1002

This post is from October 22, 2014.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/622968221


This will be brief as I am typing inside my sleeping bag trying to stay warm

It rained most of today and I was going through a hard section called the roller coaster  I only made 14 miles today. Crossed into West Virginia now.. Hope to sleep in a hotel tomorrow night in Harpers Ferry.

My plans of sleeping in the AT Blackburn center hostel were foiled.  I reached the spot and left the trail and walked a short distance to the rock building and went to all the doors and they were all locked.  It was raining and I could not justify standing in the rain cold and wet and just waiting.  It was warmer to keep walking and look for a stealth tent site.  It was warmer until I pitched my tent high on this hill near the comms tower in the wind and the rain.  I never got fully warm in my tarp tent this night.  It let the wind blow in unfettered.

In my tent tonight just on the other side of the VA/WV border. Cold And windy. I need to conserve battery so I won't be online much more tonight



No comments:

Post a Comment