Monday, June 22, 2015

Carlisle, PA - Nobo 1125

This post is from October 29, 2014, when I hiked an easy 8 miles from Boiling Springs, PA to Carlisle, PA.

The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/622968315

This is what I wrote to my family after finishing hiking that day last October:


"Despite some last minutes snafus with the flight (now flights) home I am now in the air flying from Harrisburg to Philly and from there to Boston. The final 8 miles of hiking this morning were very easy which made the drizzle of rain not so irritating.

This has been a great experience for me and I am excited to plan the next phases of this lifetime goal of mine."

So, with this post I have caught the reader up with my contiguous hike from Springer Mountain, GA to Carlisle, PA, a total of 1125 miles.   In addition to these miles, in the past months (but since 10/20/14 I have been hiking between southern Massachusetts and Franconia notch, NH.  I have covered a lot of that distance now and will have the rest done by the time I reach my Massachusetts starting point in early August.  I will post the blog entries for that part of the hike in geographical order, not chronological. When I do reach that starting point in MA, which is Northbound mile 1512, I will be able to continue at Franconia Notch, NH due to the hiking I have done locally here in New England over the past months.  My current plan has me reaching that point by August 15.  At that point I will proceed in earnest in order, ever northward from Franconia Notch to Mt. Katahdin, with the goal of reaching Mt. Katahdin by the first week in October, completing the Thru-hike in the required period of not more than 12 consecutive months.


No comments:

Post a Comment