Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Some overlook - Nobo 845

This post is from May 19, 3015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785120313

Today's total was 22 miles but the 3000' descent down The Priest immediately followed by a steep 3000' ascent knocked me for a loop. Here is today's elevation profile:




I must be weakened from so many long days without a break. Just 5 more to go until Leslie and Kennedy and Jenny and Glenn meet me at Hogback mountain and this big push from Springer will be over.

This note was left on the trail on that big ascent (I did not see any):




This is a view looking back at the 3000' deep valley I just crossed:



This is s view late in the day on the general direction of Waynrsboro, VA,
Where I will be sleeping in a bed tomorrow night!!:



1 comment:

  1. Such fortitude. Huge accomplishment today.

    ReplyDelete