Sunday, May 17, 2015

US Rte 60 (Buena Vista,VA) - Nobo 802

This post is from May 17, 2015.    The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785120271

I'm getting tired and sore. Made it through 24 more miles today for a total of 77 miles in the past three days. Crossed over the longest foot-only bridge on the AT early this morning:



Encountered more large snakes but nothing that I think was poisonous:


Here are some videos of some snakes I have seen over the recent days:

http://www.bondgarden.net/bondgardentube/?youtube=Qfq3SKFPfgs


When I got to US Route 60 I was very fortunate to encounter an EX-through hiker who was there and his car supporting his son who is through hiking this year.  The man I met had a trail name called 5-WAY standing for the five way bypass he had before he did the trail in 2006. I am spending tonight in the budget in motel in Buena Vista and will get a ride up by a taxi service to the trailhead at 8:30 tomorrow morning to resume hiking.

This is the elevation profile from today:







1 comment:

  1. Roughest part of the week with a full pack. Tough guy.

    ReplyDelete