Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Priest Shelter - Nobo 823

This post is from May 18, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

 https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785120298

and

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785120291 

21 miles with a 2000' ascent right at the start with my fully resupplied and therefore heavy pack. Also rained off and on. I was done and setting up my tent by 6:15 which was nice.

Trail anecdote: a perfectly normal intelligent hiker person came up to me today and asked me if I knew what day it was. After thinking for a bit I was able to answer "Monday". He said thank you and departed. There was nothing strange about this conversation or the person in the context of living in the woods. One would think a person odd who asked such a question out in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think that hiker didn't have a cell phone; otherwise, he could have checked to see what day it was. One would lose track of time and day without a watch or a cell phone.
    Sending love as always, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen explained to me that the name of the mountain was, "Priest Mountain".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are where you want to be tonight, i.e. planned to be (I know you really want to be home with me, right???). I love you.

    ReplyDelete