Thursday, September 24, 2015

Abol Bridge - Nobo 2170

This post is from September 24, 2015. The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/911898367

Made it out of the 100 mile wilderness easily today with 15 miles by 1:15. I said goodbye to my little tent-home this morning when I packed everything up for the last time of this odyssey. I have never been so comfortable with such primitive accommodations nor do I expect I ever will be again in my life. So, packing was a tad bittersweet.

I had fantastic views of the terminus of my little walk in the woods from Rainbow Ledges six miles before the end:




And from Abol Bridge itself:


Ten easy miles tomorrow to the summit trailhead and 5 miles up on Saturday (or Sunday) with Ray to the end of my quest. For the moment I am enjoying my hotel in Millinocket while icing both ankles and both knees and a glass of wine!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Just....wow. On Sunday (or Monday if you don't update until then) you'll get a full-blown "WOW!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading how close you are to being done. I will see you tomorrow night and will bring your hiking partner with me (Ray). I plan to merely be your chauffeur on Saturday and just enjoy the area while you work those ankles and knees one last day. Hope they hold out until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the Ankle Doc is saying about now... Little chilly in the morning, but great to see the weather is spectacular for the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your photos are magnificent. You must get a beautiful feeling so close to the grandeur of the scenery. Keep up the hiking and climbing until the finish, and then we will all shout, "Hurrah, for Paul". Which we did last Saturday.

    ReplyDelete