Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stealth camp on woods road - Nobo 1979

This post is from September 10, 2015.The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/900070656

I only made 15 miles today mostly due to the late start of 10:50am.  This was due to the fact that while I got up at 5;30 in my motel in Skowhegan I had to drive to the start of the 100 mile wilderness and drop my truck and then drive almost 100 miles on rural roads back to Rangeley in order to resume where I left the trail last Friday.

Crossing Saddleback mountain was very pretty though the hiking was often difficult.


It was cloudy but dry until around 5pm when we started to get intermittent drizzle. It never got bad though so it was not that unpleasant.  I have gone back to my warmer sleeping bag. I am glad for that tonight. Nice and cozy as I write this.

Today I met a couple of solo female northbounders. The first was BONBON from Florida and the second was HAULIN OATS from Westford, MA.  Everyone is getting excited about the prospect of finishing soon.

It's the last hour of the night now and the drizzle  has turned into a downpour. Hard to imagine starting to hike in this steep terrain in this rain in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment