Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cranberry Stream Campsite - Nobo 1998

This post is from September 11, 2015. The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/900070686

Made 19 miles today crossing over a number of 4000 foot peaks and also Sugarloaf mountain which I think will be the last ski area on the trail. There have been many starting in Vermont. 

There were a lot of steep ascents and descents today in particular coming down off Sugarloaf to the crossing of the Carrabasset River and then up the other side.  From what I can see I have another 8 miles of difficult mountains tomorrow morning and then I think I can step on the gas.

Passed again a group of 3 female thru hikers today that I had passed just before Mahoosuc notch. One of them is named CINDERELLA.

Tonight at this campsite I am not alone for a change. There is a group of 5 female friends from Bangor doing a weekend hike together, it was nice having some company while I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment