Thursday, September 24, 2015

Carl Newhall Lean-to - Nobo 2106

This post is from September 21, 2015. The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/911898200

Made 21 miles today. The first 12 were  extremely slow. I don't remember it being  this rugged in 2007. I'm certain the mountains have changed, not me,

After fording (another ford!) Pleasant Pond  Stream the conditions eased up and I started to make better time, 

Since last night i have been in a mini bubble with 3 young men and a girl whose trail name is HOLLYWOOD, One of the men is originally from Presque Isle, Maine. His trail name is JAEGER.
I have enjoyed his stories about potato and broccoli farming.

I am near the Gulf Hagas trail. I want to make s point to come back and hike that 5 mile trail- sounds very interesting,

No comments:

Post a Comment