Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Maine!!! - Nobo 1918

This post is from September 1, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/888497548

I passed into Maine at 8:15am this morning after a 7:15 start;


I only made 17 miles today despite 12 straight hours of hiking with no breaks other than to gather and purify water twice.  The Mahoosics have been extremely tough and slow for me and not just the infamous Mahoosic Notch, the most difficult single mile of the AT;



I am stealth tenting again tonight, about .1 miles north of route 26 near Grafton Notch, Maine.

Here is my tent site as seen from the trail itself:





2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how rocky the trail is - as if the AT Commission is trying to make it as difficult as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible squeeze through Mahoosuc. But you expected it. Glad you are at the next food drop and able to stay in a cabin tonight. Rest up.

    ReplyDelete