Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Start of 100 Mile wilderness - Nobo 2070

This post is from September 15, 2015. The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/900070792

I have made it to the start of the 100 mile wilderness!! I started very early today and made the 15 miles by 1:30.

This is a shot of me about to ford the West Branch of the Piscataquis River;



I have returned home to Eliot now until Saturday night.   I think I must be the only thru-hiker this year that jumps into an intense haying cycle every time I return from the trail for my 'zero' days.  They don't feel like zero days when trying to cut, tedd, rake and bale 1000 bales each time.  I knew it would be hard to get through this year of the thru-hike and hold the farm together.  I am almost there.  Just have to keep it going a little longer and things will become manageable again.

On Saturday night I will drive up to Millinocket.  Early Sunday I will drop my truck at the base of Katahdin and drive the Honda 250 to Monson and start the 100 mile wilderness.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of Good luck, with sunshine, food and easy hiking.
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God watch over you these last few days on the trail.
    Godspeed. Finish this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Looks like Helen is ready for the finish line.

    Looking forward for that last post as well!

    ReplyDelete