Wednesday, September 2, 2015

East B Hill rd., Andover, ME - Nobo 1928

This post is from September 2, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/888497570

Today I got up at 5:50am and had started hiking by 6:45. Stopped to gather
water and eat my breakfast and resumed at 7:20.  Despite this good start I had only made it 10 miles by 1:30.  At that point I was at the first of 2 trailheads on roads leading to Andover, ME.  My goal had been to get to the second trailhead but there was no way I could be sure of making that additional 10 miles. So, I decided I had no choice but to end my day early so I could get to my reservation at the Pine Ellis Lodge in Andover and more importantly the food drop Helen had overnighted there Monday morning.

I got the food drop and have signed up for the 7am shuttle back to the trailhead. Because of the short 10 mile day today I now need to make almost 37 miles in 2 days to get to Rangeley Friday night. which is going to be hard. If I fail I will just have to tent another night and have Helen pick me up in Rangeley during the day Saturday.

Here are some shots near the summit of Bald Pate mountain (the other bald pate is under the hat):






1 comment:

  1. Thank heavens, it is not raining. It would be very difficult hiking on sheer rock.
    Good luck with the hike tomorrow. Hope the good weather holds up.
    Lots of love from Mama

    ReplyDelete