Monday, August 31, 2015

Mt. Success summit - Nobo 1901

This post is from August 31, 2015.  The GPS data from today's hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/888497534

I failed to make it to Maine today as I hoped as I am still 1.7 miles from the border. This was due to a very late 11:40am start which was due to leaving Eliot late due to taking care of farm animals this morning. It was also due to the Mahoosic trail being hard. Not as hard as Wildcat and the Carters the previous day on the trail but hard. My total miles for this short day was 14.

I could not reach the official campsite which had been my goal for the reasons just stated so I found myself hunting for a stealth campsite starting about an hour before dark. I ended iup summiting Mt. Success with very gusty winds and still found no place to stick my little tent. It was essentially dark out when I found this little hole in the trees and pitched the tent by headlamp;


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a very tough day. I hope things go a little easier. I'm glad it wasn't raining today, at least, I hope not.
    Sending love and good wishes. Mama

    ReplyDelete