Thursday, August 13, 2015

Brassie Brook Shelter - Nobo 1500

This post is from August 13, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/865749745

Today's 24 miles were easier than yesterday's which is good because my body is telling me it needs a break, now, in addition to the sore feet my back is aching quite a bit.  Today I had the additional break of an official Appalachian Trail detour:



It took me on a 3 mile road walk to avoid the Iron Mountain bridge over the Hoodstonic River. The bridge is out. The detour was no shorter but I made better time on the asphalt roads.

I am camped here 2 miles from the Massachusetts border;



After 12 miles tomorrow I reach my truck and get a much needed rest from hiking and camping!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty rocky site for your camp tonight. Hope it is not too rough sleeping on the rocky surface. Just think 12 miles tomorrow. I bet it will seem like a long 12 miles. I hope it goes well and quickly with a nice sky and sunshine, and that your feet and back do well. Love, Mama
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete