Friday, August 7, 2015

Greenwood Lake, New York - Nobo 1367

This post is from August 7, 2015,   The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/865749631

Today was a long 13 hour day yielding 28 miles of Nobo progress and the crossing from NJ into NY. Woohoo!!


Atop the same painful rocky ridge that trail guru AWOL hated I encountered this American flag:


I am not sure if it can be seen on this picture but you can see the full Manhattan skyline from this viewpoint,  This is an informal 9-11 memorial as you used to see the twin towers from this viewpoint, 😢

The 28 miles fried me. Had I found any permitted campsite up on the ridge I would have camped tonight but after the 18 mile point today I would have had to go to about 32 to reach the next camping spot. So I was in a jam as I wanted at least 23 today and was very happy hen I could get a ride to the town of Greenwood Lake, NY  where I found an overpriced but comfortable hotel.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you couldn't camp. There should not be any bears at the hotel, though.
    Be safe and careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo with the American flag. I'm glad you were able to get a ride into the town.
    Sleep well. 28 miles was a really long hike - a little too long.
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete