Monday, August 10, 2015

Stealth tenting again / Nobo 1436

This post is from August 10, 2016.

Made 24 miles today though I got a slow start this morning. I slept very poorly last night as when I chose my stealth location I was under duress and it was much more slanted than I realized. So, I spent the whole night trying to not slide to the bottom of the tent. Perhaps for this reason as well as rationing my limited camp good when I saw the .25 mile side trail to a NY state park with concession stand I could not resist even though it cost me a half mile of needless traililrs :


This guy seems to have followed me from Virginia;


He was about 3 1/2 feet long,

I am about 14 miles from the Connecticut border. I took this picture around 3pm before I stepped on the gas:

Here is a shot of my campsite just after I pitched the tent at 7:50pm. It is getting dark a little earlier now.


I met female thru hiker from NH today with trail name WOBBLE. She got this name from her stance when she first put her pack on,  Think of Reese Witherspoon in on of the first scenes in the movie Wild.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found food - am sure you needed it. Nice to be so close to CT. You are closing the gap and soon enough will be where you started last time in southern Massachusetts. Connecting the dots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back on the trail. Guess you were haying on the farm? Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that's right. I was home haying much of June and July but between haying windows I finished MA, VT and half of NH as you will soon see in this geographically-ordered blog.

    ReplyDelete