Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Connecticut !!! - Nobo 1452

This post is from August 11 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/865749689

This picture says it all:


Well, not quite all. The rain started this morning around 4 AM and I had to pack up my tent in pouring rain. Needless to say everything was wet and heavy because of that. The rain continued for a few hours but then abated.

In case any of you were wondering no, you cannot take a train the entire length of the Appalachian Trail, despite with this picture implies:



A few miles after that picture I reached the border of Connecticut and I left the trail a half mile after the border where I will resume tomorrow. That makes a total of only 16 miles today but that was my plan all along. I needed to get in to the Dutchess Motel in the town of Wingdale New York to pick up the food package Helen had sent to me. I was very glad to see the package waiting for me and to be able to dry out my wet gear tonight. 


Tomorrow I start the final three day push to reach my truck over the border in Massachusetts.

2 comments:

  1. The package looks, "mighty good", also the chips and a can of beer. Thank you, Helen - it probably was a lot of work getting the package together.,
    You are doing really well keeping up with your schedule., Paul.
    Sleep well- Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos. It makes following along so interesting.

    ReplyDelete