Thursday, August 20, 2015

Franconia Notch - Nobo 1812

This post is from November 13, 2014. The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/872181999

Today's 17 miles started off as a brisk late fall hike in the Whites but inevitably ended up as a bitter winter-conditions slog at higher elevations.  The short amount of daylight made it take essentially all the hours of daylight to accomplish those 17 miles, including the summitting of two 4000 footers, South and North Kinsman, with crampons for several hours up high.

Here are some photos of that day:





















I reached, this sign, the end of today's hike after about an hour of hiking in the dark with a headlamp.
I will need to pick up my northward progress at this sign at some point within my 12 month Thru hike window.  I wonder when it will be....

1 comment:

  1. That seems so long ago even though it was less than 9 months ago.

    ReplyDelete