Monday, August 17, 2015

Route 2 in North Adams, MA - Nobo 1588



This post is from July 16, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/838675972 

I have begun another string of slackpacking days using the motorcycle piggyback on truck self-shuttle technique used in Southern MA.  I left Eliot, Maine at 7 am and only started hiking at 12:20pm due to rush hour traffic around Boston, construction, plus the logistics of placing the truck at the end of the day (north of Mt. Greylock) and driving the bike to the beginning of the day (south of Mt. Greylock).

It was a 14 mile day, a 7 mile ascent to the summit of Mt. Greylock and then
a 7 mile descent.   These shots are from the summit of Mount Greylock.

This is me with a view to the South East:



This is a view to the North of North Adams, MA:



This is the war memorial on the summit:




Late in the day two young thru-hikers caught up to me on a steep downhill section (I go relatively slower on steep downhills as this is where my ankles are least stable).  It was 'ELECTRIC LIZARD' and her friend FOZZI.
If you look back at my post from MM/DD/YY you will see that I hiked with her for a couple of hours in Southern VA. She recognized me from a distance and I heard this voice coming from above 'Is that TARMAN?'.  It was nice to catch up for 5 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment