Monday, August 17, 2015

VT 9 Bennington, Vermont!! - Nobo 1607



This post is from July 17, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/838675989 

I hiked 19 miles today through moderate terrain.  The highlight was crossing the MA/VT border:





I seem to be in  a kind of 'bubble' with Electric Lizard and Fozzi.  I passed them at the state line today even though they slept north of me last night.  I also met a pair of female 'flip-floppers' who had recently started at the NY/CT state line heading north and were going to Katahdin and then were going back to the NY/CT border and hike south to Georgia. 

When I dropped my motorcycle off at the destination trailhead early this morning there was a motorhome in that parking lot.  A 70 year old British man saw me unloading the motorcycle from the truck and came over to ask questions.  It turns out he is supporting his wife who has been slackpacking all the way north from Georgia using their motorhome as a base.  What a variety of characters I have met!

No comments:

Post a Comment