Thursday, August 20, 2015

VT 103 (Rutland) - Nobo 1679


This post is from 7/27/2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:

Hiked a middling-difficult 15 miles today.  I got up at 6am in the hotel in Rutland but By the time I ate breakfast, dropped the motorcycle at the end-of-day trailhead and drove the truck to the start-of-day trailhead I did not start hiking until 8:07.

I think that a lot of hikers must feel that they have more time on their hands than I do.  This set of 'fairy towers' is in the middle of absolutely
nowhere:


I won't be building any fairy towers this time around.

This is a shot to the west looking at the Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport and into the mountains of NY in the distance:




Although this is not about the hike in particular, during my drive from the end-of-day trailhead to the start-of-day trailhead I came upon this plaque and building commemorating the time that Paul Harris, a founder of Rotary International, spent in Wallingsford, VT.  Since my wife Helen has received the prestigious 'Paul Harris Fellow' award for her service in Rotary, I thought this was noteworthy:




No comments:

Post a Comment