Thursday, August 20, 2015

USFS 10 Danby, VT - Nobo 1664



This post is from July 26, 2015.  The GPS tracking of this hike can be found at:
I left my home in Maine at 5am and started hiking by 9:45, having dropped my motorcycle off at the end-of-day trailhead near Danby.

After just 3 miles of easy ascent I passed over the summit of Bromley Mountain Ski Area:



The rest of the day was moderate conditions with some ups and downs and occasional bad footing but all in all a fairly easy 17 mile day.

As always, it was nice to see my faithful steed waiting for me at the end of the day:



I met an older gentleman thru-hiker (i.e., someone my age) on top of Bromley.  His trailname is 'SHORT BUS'.  He is a retired teacher. A retired Special Needs teacher...

I also met a blast-from-the-past young thru-hiker who I think I last me in Tennessee or North Carolina. He is from Lowell, MA and his trailname is 'LUCKY STRIKE'.  I think I mentioned him in an earlier blog.  He passed me from behind and recognized me without me turning around.  I thought that was uncanny. I must have a unique gait.

No comments:

Post a Comment